Executive Orders, Title 5 and Education Code
The commission bylaws govern and guide the work of the commission through the leadership of the chair and vice-chair.
Innovation for Tomorrow - The Key Issues and Next Steps for the Future
The report on Advanced Professional Education references the results of 2014 interviews with extended education deans and their thoughts on "next step" issues for the CSU system.
In 2014-2015 the Commission Innovation Sub-Committee conducted a survey of CSU Extended Education deans to identify best practices and innovative self-support programs. For the complete findings for each campus surveyed please look over Innovation Full Report 2014-2015 For a brief summary of key issues and next steps refer to the following:
Access to Excellence (2008)
In May 2008, the Board of Trustees adopted Access to Excellence as the strategic plan for the CSU. That effort is called "Access to Excellence." To review the full report, please visit the Access to Excellence web page.
Creating Tomorrow’s Futures - A New Framework for Action (2005)
The California State University’s Extended University serving a leadership role in meeting the State’s economic and workforce development needs, increasing access by serving broader constituencies, developing alternative instructional delivery systems, thinking more creatively in the development of new programs, and generating new sources of revenue.
Key roles include:
- Taking a more visible leadership role
- Communicating a vision for the Extended University
- Leading projects and efforts that are both system-wide and intra-campus based on that vision
- Meeting California’s economic and workforce development needs
- Increasing access to educational opportunities by serving broader constituencies
- Developing alternative instructional delivery systems
- Creatively developing new programs
- Providing personal and lifelong learning opportunities
- Supporting international educational experiences